First, I tried a cardboard tube with thermos bottles sticking out of it but couldn’t find a way to stabilize the whole assembly (see picture). Then I tried a metal cylinder made of aluminum but found it difficult to support the structure above and hold the circle solid without adding a bunch of weight (see picture 2).
Next, I tried making a cylinder out of the translucent plastic I purchased at the plastic store. Finally, I tried a 2 ½ gallon bucket. The plastic inserted into the bucket was working well but I still had a problem with supporting it and adding a top. Stay tuned for the next blog to find out how the next set of challenges were solved.